Sunday, December 15, 2013

An Enormous Thank You!!!

There is something about adversity that seems to cause a surge in drive, willpower and success for me. Brian and I were faced with the devastating news that we would be without the coach and wax tech we had planned on for the season, just two weeks before it started.

We rallied, and our family and friends rallied even harder! We suddenly found ourselves surrounded by the greatest support system an athlete could think of. We had uniforms, travel logistics, race support and warm meals to carry us through. But most of all we had the unyielding support from those who were closest to use to keep chasing our dreams!

With a lot of hard work, late nights and even more generosity, Brian and I are now the US Continental Cup leaders, TOGETHER!!! We are both beyond excited and grateful for all of the support we received and are continuing to receive.

I just want to send a HUGE THANK YOU out to the numerous individuals, teams, sponsors, companies, family and friends who have made this possible. There have even been a few strangers who have helped with rides and logistics when needed! This has been a major community effort and I cannot believe how wonderful the journey has been and the successes have been, when they are shared with so many!

Brian and I are off to Utah tomorrow to begin our preparation for the US National Championships. After Nationals I will be heading straight over to Europe to begin my World Cup campaign before the 2014 Sochi Olympic Team is chosen. As I mentioned before this is a fantastic opportunity and the fact that I get to share all of these "adventures" with the man I love is even more special! The Gregg Family is sooo incredible and they have been at every race weekend so far! We would be nothing without the relentless effort they put into each event for us!

I am looking forward to some quiet time with Brian in our little studio rental in Midway, but also looking forward to getting out and training well before the races start in early January! Here are some photos from the past two weeks of racing and traveling!

Getting help at Bohart Ranch with some wax tools and a warm place to hangout!

Loving the process and grateful for the support!

A Thank you message to one of our fantastic donors Ski and Tea out of Hayward, WI!!!

Ready to Race with my awesome new sponsor Madshus beneath me :)

Jean, the owner at Bohart with the Team Gregg Crew (Matt Liebsch is an honorary member!)

Sprint finals start line! 

Skiing with Friends. Zoe is one of the most multi-talented people I have ever met!

Cheering for the sprint heat ahead of mine.

Sharing the moments with Team Ninja! These girls know what they need to do and how to do it!!!
The best part of the whole process! Keeping things FUN in the Gregg house :)


No comments: