Monday, August 11, 2014

Altitude Camp

This season I have changed a bit of my training focus from previous years. Last year in particular I put a huge emphasis on long distance hilly skate races at altitude. Thankfully that seemed to be what I really excelled at. I am currently trying to be a more well-rounded skier with much more emphasis on sprinting, speed, power and classic skiing. So far so good!



Over the past couple of months I have been putting in a lot of time with the LNR Comp Team when I can and their progress over the summer has been incredible.




When August 6th rolled around Brian and I boarded a plane and headed out to Denver, CO to attended and be in our friend's Casey and Taz's wedding. They were married in Crested Butte and I cannot believe how awesome of a place it was! From the moment we arrived I was in awe the incredible scenery and we had a blast hanging out with skiing friends from many years and new friends we just me that weekend. Much of the wedding party was pretty endorphin driven so every morning started off with a mountain bike or awesome run. Although we were at 9,000 ft and often trained above 10,000 ft I couldn't help but feel great with such great company.






The wedding was amazing and Taz and Casey looked incredible! My only regret of the entire weekend was that I didn't get to go training with Rebecca Dussault. Rebecca has always been one of my favorite teammates! She is so generous and supportive and it was amazing to visit her and her family on the hillside between Crested Butte and Gunnison, CO. She and her husband Sharbel have done some of the most inspiring work with their faith community, their athletic community and the farming community. I am looking forward to visiting (and Training) with Rebecca in the future! All I can say is that this mother of 4! is super fit and I hope to see her crushing it somewhere on the ski trails this winter :)



I am now in Truckee, CA visiting my uncle Kelly and Fran and getting in another two weeks of solid training at high altitude. I love training here and looking forward to hanging out with the Farwest team while I am here!

No comments: