Sunday, July 10, 2016

Back in the UP for CXC REG and Dream Camps

This past week I have been pack in the UP.  Marquette, MI is home to my Alma matter Northern Michigan University and the host of this year's Central Regional Elite Group (REG) Camp.  The USSA holds a camp for the top juniors in each of the four regions: Easter, Central, Western and Alaska.  This is a development project that my former coach Bryan Fish has been in charge of the last several years and a great opportunity for many of the top skiers to train together.  It is important to me that I give back to this next generation of skiers whom I am excited to follow in the years to come and on a more selfish note it is a really fun and great training opportunity for me as well. 

Enjoying a group run on the first day of camp

Each camp includes an uphill running time trial.  Under 10 minutes for most up Marquette Mountain.

We have a strong group of athletes in town.  It if fun for the girls from different Clubs to get to know each other, push each other and become stronger together.

Coach Fish lining us out on the day's workout

The agility test has been added to the REG camps in recent years to promote basic athleticism and coordination on skis.  I had fun taking on the obstacle course.

Coinciding with the REG camp for U20, U18, and U16 Juniors, is the CXC Dream Camp for U14 athletes.  I gave a presentation one night for the group about Dreaming Big, Working Hard, Having Fun and my journey to the World Championship bronze medal. 


Signing posters for the kids

Warming up for strength in the Superiordome

Why use weights when you can use chains

No comments: