Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventures at Home

I am still holding down the apartment here in Minneapolis. I did get a one week mini-vacation while I dog-sat for a family a mile away. Their house had AC and it was the hottest week of the summer so I was very excited for the little break in the heat.

Summer training is over and the Park is closed so I have been enjoying the past two weeks of sleeping in past 6AM and having the afternoons to go check out new things. I still don't have a car so I been rollerskiing and biking most places and I have really enjoy the cheaper mode of transit! Minneapolis was named the best bike city in the country so I am in a good place!

Brian came down to visit me from Hayward this week which was Awesome! He has been training really well and I think he is going to have a great season. It's been fun to introduce him to the life I live here in the Twin Cities. His week was smaller so we had the opportunity to train together a bit.

We had a great time together without needing to spend a dime. Brian is extremely resourceful and creative when it comes time to plan new things to do. He leaves tomorrow for Hayward and I am back at Harrison Park as well.

No comments: