Sunday, January 15, 2012

Seeley Hills Classic 42K

This weekend was the Seeley Hills Classic race was this weekend and I was thrilled to have the chance to race this year. In the past I have been at the World Cup or preparing for the Olympics and this is certainly an event I was hoping to do someday. With my schedule this year I was in town and prepared to take on the Classic Championship of the Midwest!

Brian and I traveled up to Seeley, WI after only 3 days back at home, which looked just like we had left it two months before. We stayed with at a friend's cabin above their garage and enjoyed the weekend together with our dog.

When we arrived on Friday afternoon we took Lahti over to the dog friendly ski trails and went for one of the best skis of the season. Fresh tracks and my husband and dog along with me :) Lahti had a blast and ran himself silly beside us as we cruised up and down the narrow trails. I am so glad we have such a great dog for skiing and  running!

The race was a ton of fun and a great way to catch up with the ski community since we were gone for so long. Brian and I both won the 42K events and had a great time socializing at the soup feed afterwards.




 From now on I will be racing almost every weekend here in the US. I was unable to secure World Cup start rights this season (I was 2nd overall on the list!) but I am still hoping to grab enough points to earn them for next fall in Canada. These particular start rights I am trying to secure are completely covered financially by FIS, which is huge! Our US women are skiing fantastic over in Europe right now and I am psyched that last week at US Nationals I was right there with them finishing 2nd, 3rd and 6th!

No comments: