Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rest Week Over and Ready to GO!

After an enormous week of 30 hours and lots of intensity I was still feeling good but after so many years in this sport I have learned that you get stronger and faster during the rest and recovery time. It was hard to chill out and sit back, but Brian and I always manage to fill our time with tons of "to do" items.

An "easy" week can still mean doing a local triathlon! Happy  and Dirty  together!


I took two days completely off and then jumped into training with Loppet Nordic Racing on Tuesday Morning. We had a great group of guys (the girls were lactate testing) and coach Sara to bike along side us. I am super lucky that I always have tons of great training partners when I need them. The workout was solid and my technique felt good! 4 years ago I was blessed to have an amazing group pf girls training here in the Twin Cities with me. They all worked and did tons of other things but we got together multiple times a week to get in some quality sessions. I am sad to say that although everyone is still active we have all moved onto new adventures...well everyone but me ;) I had a great time catching up with the ladies for breakfast one morning this week and missed all of their company even more during my ski afterwards.

First day of summer practice! I have been working with Coach Piotr for the past 9 years! He is an incredible guy and  LNR is super lucky to have them lead the group!
The Competition Team Ladies and I during our run! They helped motivate me to  finish my 3 hour morning workout!  I still had another 2.5 hour workout in the afternoon!
The "teammates" I would have never made the Olympics without these wonderful ladies. They are a huge inspiration to me! So fun to share a 3 hour breakfast with them :)
Later that afternoon I went to Horsepower strength to work with my new strength coach! Matt Miller is a genius when it comes to strength! I am so happy I found him and I know that working with him is going to raise my level of fitness immensely. Matt coaches all kinds of athletes, many at a very high level, but he has a huge following of Ultimate Fighters! I have been in awe watching them workout and extremely impressed with how friendly and humble they all are! Surrounding myself with motivated hard working athletes has always been a major ingredient to my own success!
Work is the word here! You can't accomplish your goals without good old fashioned work. There are no shortcuts!

Serious amounts of weight to be lifted.
Box jumping at 54"
Brian and I went into the Boys and Girls Club and started rallying the kids about the Tri-Loppet Festival. The Tri-Loppet festival was a huge success this year and included the famous off-road triathlon, paddle races, orienteering, kubb tournaments, slack-lining, mountain biking and running, Brian and I both participated in the Triathlon and finished 4th and 3rd respectively. Brian and I don't paddle ever so the 8 mile
Huge group of kids at the Club for summer.
Getting excited about the Loppet Festival and hoping they can make it!
canoe was the biggest challenge for us. Knowing our weakness, we decided to ask some "pros" to help us out. I paddles with Andy from Hoigaards and Brian paddled with Erik who used to work at Hoigaards. We held our own in the canoe and made up some major time in the run and biking sections. Well I did...Brian ended up loosing his bike chain and running in almost 2 miles with his bike to the finish line! I was very impressed!
Andy Turnball and I looking focused in the Tei-Loppet.

Brian and I are also getting ready to announce our new Sponsors and Supporters for this upcoming Olympic Year! We are so grateful and excited about the products, companies and most importantly the people behind us! Stay tuned for some new uniforms and logos :)

Finished up the rest week with an OD run by Karl Nygren's house. It's been fun to watch Brian train with the solid group of guys training here in the Twin Cities! It's cute when they all show up in the same shirt!
After a visit to the Boys and Girls Club tomorrow we are back to putting in the BIG hours of summer on Tuesday! I am very excited to get after it again!

No comments: