Sunday, February 23, 2014

Birkie, Birkie, Birkie

This past weekend was the American Birkebeiner in Hayward, WI. Although it took place on the same day as the Olympic 30K in Russia, the conditions couldn't be much different. While Brian was about to suit up in a t-shirt and no hat for his 50K, I was bundled up and read to face below zero temperatures with winds gusting up to 30 mph head on! This was by-far the coldest Birkie I have ever done. My feet are still red and swollen a day later.

My was was a huge success! I wanted to ski well on 2/22/14 for a long time and whether it was at the Birkie or the Olympics I would be happy as long as I reached my goal. I was able to hang onto the passing lead group of guys and separate from the rest of the Elite women's pack. I realized that with such a strong headwind, getting away any other way would be impossible.

This was my 3rd Birkie win and I cannot begin to explain how great it feels! I think the best part about the entire weekend was how much fun I had, how many friends I saw and getting up at 1AM to watch Brian race the 50K at the Olympics.

Today I hosted a Fast and Female Event here in Hayward and it was a HUGE success. We had over 75 girls attend and we went over the importance of goal setting and when you muss one goal you canoalways start focusing on your next one.







No comments: